The Nicholas E. Colleluori Patient Financial Assistance Grant
For Blood Cancer Patients & Survivors
*WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNTIL JANUARY 2014*
The HEADstrong Foundation makes available grants to patients undergoing treatment for blood cancers, who are experiencing financial hardship. These Guidelines are intended to inform potential grant recipients of the standards and processes applicable to grants. Not withstanding anything set forth in these Guidelines, all grant decisions are subject to the sole and absolute discretion of the HEADstrong Foundation, its officers and directors. The grant program may be altered, suspended or discontinued at any time. These Guidelines may be amended or modified at any time.
- Grant Amounts: Up to $2,000.00 (subject to availability of funds)
- Eligibility Requirements: Grant recipients must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Undergoing treatment at time of application for leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma
- Experiencing financial hardship as a result of medical condition
- U.S. citizens
- Referrals: Grant applications are only considered for applicants who are initially referred by a health professional (e.g., physician, nurse, or oncology social worker) familiar with the applicant’s medical condition and course of treatment. All communications with the HEADstrong Foundation regarding grants or grant applications will be with the referring healthcare professional, and not with the patient.
- Application: Prospective grant recipients must submit a completed Application in the form attached. The Application also requires a referral by a health professional (e.g., physician, nurse, or oncology social worker) familiar with the applicant’s medical condition and course of treatment. Applicants must also certify they are eligible for a grant, according to these guidelines. Applications are reviewed monthly and are only accepted via mail to HEADstrong Foundation 232 Green Avenue Holmes, PA 19043.
- Payments: Payments will be made to the patient in his/her name only, except where the patient is a minor, in which case payment will be made to the patient’s parent or legal guardian.
- Download Application